About Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company consists of tire brands including Goodyear, Dunlop and Kelly. We offer a well-rounded family of products that equip everything from cars and light trucks to commercial trucks and aircraft. Goodyear is a global Fortune 500 company that is driven by innovation and powered by more than 70,000 people.
About The Commercial Sales Development Program
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company has openings for bright, talented new or recent college graduates to enter a formal training program for key Commercial Tire Sales roles in areas throughout the United States. As a Commercial Sales Development team member, you will learn about the commercial truck tire business through a structured training program and job rotation at Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversight of sales and service to your dedicated accounts including safe and efficient delivery of quality services that exceed customers’ expectations
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of products and services to provide accurate information to customers
- Sell company-supported products and services
- Attend sales training and continually work to improve sales skills
- Implement marketing programs to solicit new clients through cold calls, organizations, referrals, etc.
- Represent the company professionally through team image at all times
- Conduct fleet need evaluations and provide customers with cost analysis and benefits
- Maintain company property in accordance with company policy
- Assist with a variety of duties within the assigned location, such as attending to customers, maintaining inventory, and other duties as required
- This position operates in all types of indoor and outdoor work environments, therefore exposure to heat and cold is to be expected. Excellent safety and attendance performance is expected
- Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions
- Must possess ability to analyze complex data and identify problems and propose solutions or alternatives
- Must be able to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field with a minimum GPA of 3.0 required
- Must be willing to relocate within the USA
- Must be willing to travel
- Excellent written and oral communication ability required
- Must have exceptional planning skills and the ability to self-manage
- Most possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be competent with common software programs (Microsoft Office, Email, etc.)
- Must be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary
- Must be able to pass a background check including employment history, SSN verification, criminal history, etc.
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and drug test
- Must have a valid driver’s license for the type of vehicle required for the position and be able to meet commercial driver qualification requirements, including be at least 21 years of age