About Goodyear Procurement
The mission of Goodyear's Procurement department is to create a new standard of excellence in Strategic Sourcing by leading the industry in Supplier Innovation and Global Supplier Value Chain Management. The department seeks to develop and implement industry-leading strategies for the procurement of materials, equipment, goods and services with the required quality, delivery and cost to support global business units and corporate business objectives.
About The Procurement Specialist Position
The Procurement organization works closely with all other areas of the business including Finance, Marketing, Manufacturing, Research and Development, and Retail to support Goodyear’s activities.
New hires joining Global Procurement are typically placed in an entry-level position, which will allow them to gain exposure and experience in a number of areas.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree required
- Strong analytical and data management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and growth potential
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Travel required and will vary by position
- Fundamental knowledge of business processes
- Organization skills, strong Microsoft Access/Excel skills and/or other database programs
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment
- Have a BS in Business, Finance, Supply Chain Management, Purchasing & Logistics Management, or Engineering degree preferred
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Have prior internship or co-op experience in Purchasing, Supply Chain or related field preferred
- Strong financial/statistical analysis, foreign language, manufacturing process, mathematical modeling, international experience, purchasing or technical expertise desired
- Multi-lingual a plus
- Values/appreciates diversity; may be interested in global experiences
- Are capable of interacting with all organization levels, ranging from entry-level Associates to Goodyear's senior management